Merrick & Co is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. If we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Merrick & Co may change this policy from time to time by updating this policy document. You should check this page periodically to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
This policy is effective from June 2018.
You can get in touch with us in any of the following ways:
- Email: email@example.com
- Post: 28 Battenhall Road, Worcester WR5 2BL
- Through the contact form on our company website: https://www.merrickand.co
- Our website(s)
- Email correspondence
- Telephone calls
- Paper communications
- Visiting our offices
- Enquiring about, or buying products or services from us
- Providing products or services to us
You should be aware that if you access third party websites using links provided on our websites, these websites are outside our control and have their own privacy policies governing the use of personal data and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
What data we process about you
Merrick & Co may collect and process the following categories of personal data about you:
- Name, contact details, organisation, employment details;
- Information generated by the work, service or relationship we may have with you;
- Business details, bank and financial details, communication and correspondence;
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. Typically, this includes (but is not exclusive to) requests for further services, surveys or complaints procedures;
- Records of your correspondence (if any) with us;
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access;
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not personally identify you.
- We may collect and process information that you provide during your correspondence with us. This could be, but not limited to, one of the following ways:
- Giving information directly to us by methods including filling in forms either on our website(s) or via other media;
- Requesting any of our goods, services, downloads or other information;
- Communicating with us through methods including but not limited to e-mail, telephone and written correspondence.
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
- Where you have given consent for us to process your information;
- Where we need to perform the contractual obligations we have entered into with you, or the business you are working for, or with;
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation;
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
The purpose(s)for which we will collect and process your data are shown below:
- To manage our relationship and administer our business either as a part of a contract or where we believe we have a legitimate interest to do so;
- To execute a contract or request;
- Where we have a legitimate interest to keep you informed of our products or services by appropriate communication methods unless you’ve objected to us doing so;
- Sending you marketing and information about our business via email, if you have consented to;
Please note: we do not share your personal data with any third parties.
International Transfer of Data
Merrick & Co may send your data outside the European Economic Area (the European Economic Area being the European Union and Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway, also referred to as the “EEA”), particularly to the USA. Information that we collect may on occasion be transferred and stored outside of the European Union for the purpose of supplying our goods or services to you. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. Where your personal data are transferred or accessed outside of the EEA, we require that appropriate safeguards are in place.
Details of the persons and countries to which your information is disclosed will be provided on request.
In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure your information.
Unfortunately, the transmission of data over the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its security. Once we have received your data we will use strict security measures to try to protect it against loss, misuse, or unauthorised alterations
Your choices in relation to personal information
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during your relationship with us. You also have the rights and choices which you can exercise on the data we hold on you.
You have the right to:
- Obtain access to your personal information
- Withdraw consent
- Object to direct marketing
- Ask us to correct any errors or delete the information we hold
- Object or restrict our processing of your information
- Request that we port your personal information
For more information or to action these rights, please contact using us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Retention and destruction of personal information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy of the information we hold about you. We will not use your personal information unless it is (to the best of our knowledge) accurate and up to date.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances, we may anonymise your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use such information without further notice to you.
When the purposes for which we have collected the data for have ended we will retain and securely destroy your personal information in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. For further details about data retention please contact John Merrick, Managing Director, whose details can be found in this policy.
Data Protection Officer
If you have concerns that you would like to raise with us, please contact:
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office if you believe we have not acted within the law or have infringed your rights. https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/
Unfortunately, the transmission of data over the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its security. Once we have received your data we will use strict security measures to try to protect it against loss, misuse, or unauthorised alterations.